Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nano is coming!

Portrait of a Lady Blogging, after Vermeer
Image by Mike Licht

It's not long now till I start the very reasonable and sensible challenge that is NaNoWriMo. Oi, no sniggering you lot!

I've planned my "novel" up to a point and got stuck. I've looked for a laptop to take to write-ins and got stuck. I've tried to update my touch typing skills and guess what?

Now I'm in a sort of limbo waiting for it to happen.

With any luck I'll be well enough to make the London meetup this Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones - although "old" is a comparative term here. I think I'll be the oldest person there!

If I normally comment on your blog, you may find me missing for a month. (Can you find me if I'm missing? Who knows!) Although last year I found that the more I wrote on my NaNo, the more I wrote everywhere else.

I've won most years that I've done it but not all. I have no idea if I can make it this time so I'll just have to wait and see.

14 COMMENTS:

Old Kitty said...

GOOD LUCK!! It's come round really quickly hasn't it?!?!?! Wow!! This time next week you'll be in full flow - how amazing!! ALL THE BEST WITH NANO!!!! GO GIRL!!!! :-)

Saturday's weather promises a great big yellow sun in London so it'll be a great time to meet!! Take care
x

fairyhedgehog said...

Kitty, I love the way you always come straight over and comment, it's so friendly. I'm hoping I'll be in full flow by this time next week but there's no telling! Thanks for your encouragement!

Theresa Milstein said...

Good luck. I hope you're nice and prolific!

If you get a chance, I'm hosting a Halloween Haunting at my blog "Substitute Teacher's Saga" from 10/28-11/1 if you want to join in. There are prizes!

fairyhedgehog said...

Theresa, that sounds fun. I'll try and get over there!

Clair Humphries said...

Hope it all goes well for you - I'm sure it will! Here's to a productive and enjoyable month :)

fairyhedgehog said...

Thanks, Clair. Any words I write will be better than none, anyway!

Ann said...

Good luck with Nano! I am in awe of those of you who make such a commitment at this time of year. If only there was a nano in July I would be in like flint.

Looking forward to getting updates on your progress.

Phoenix Sullivan said...

Bestest of luck! And remember that even one word more than you would normally have written makes you a winner no matter what.

McKoala said...

*gulp* good luck! Maybe the Koala should give credit for Nano...

Whirlochre said...

Nanulate prolifically, terrifically.

Jemi Fraser said...

Enjoy! I love NaNo, but still haven't decided about this year. My life is chaos at the moment!! :)

fairyhedgehog said...

Ann, you could probably find a like-minded group and set up your own Nano in June. That's if there isn't one already!

Phoenix, I shall bear that in mind. One year I "only" got 24k - but that was a triumph in itself.

McK, it would count towards that month's word count, wouldn't it?

Whirl, I shall do my best!

Jemi, if your life is already chaos, then what's a little bit more?

Katie O'Sullivan said...

I'm here for the Halloween Haunting - and want to wish you the best of luck with NaNo! Relax and get ready for the starting line on Monday and have a great month of writing!

I participated last year, but just can't do it this year - my parents will be here for 10 days around Thanksgiving... can't write and entertain family simultaneously, lol!

fairyhedgehog said...

Hi Katie, thanks for haunting me! It's a shame you can't join in this year but ten days of family staying would make that well-nigh impossible!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...