Thursday, October 14, 2010

Better than chocolate?

Picture by Nakisha
So pretty!

I'm exhausted after too much driving the last two days; yesterday I had to take my son to the sleep apnoea clinic and back, and then I had to go back today to return the apparatus they'd strapped on him. He came home the first day all wired up and they even gave us a piece of paper with a police number on it to show that it was legitimate medical equipment and he isn't a terrorist! I'm so glad we weren't stopped.

So today I've been lolling around trying to recover (CFS really sucks) and I came across these wonderful pictures on Etsy and I treated myself. I also bought two ACEO cards with dear little rabbits huddled under quilts but those have to come by post.

Picture by Nakisha
Nakisha said I can use the images on my blog, so I may be posting more of them in the future. They're just so lovely. It's a less fattening way of cheering myself up than with chocolate.

11 COMMENTS:

Charmaine Clancy said...

I can't speak against chocolate - but these are beautiful - I love watercolours they are so soft and the way they gently blend makes them very soothing to look at.

Old Kitty said...

Although nothing is better than chocolate these come pretty close!!! They're so delicate and so pretty! Awwwwww!!!

I hope you and your son are both having a peaceful and calm evening after such a tiring day! Take care
x

Jemi Fraser said...

Lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely pictures, and the rabbits are adorable!

jjdebenedictis said...

Ooh, I like the second one in particular. The flowers look so fluffy!

But you know my feelings regarding chocolate. We must agree to disagree, in this case.

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

I love those!!

fairyhedgehog said...

Charmaine, I love watercolours too. You can get originals from Nikisha's site (and not too expensively either) but we already have pictures at home that we haven't hung so I decided against that.

Kitty, thank you. I'm feeling better now.

Jemi, Kelly and Sara, I'm glad you liked them!

jj, chocolate is the absolute best but I really must fit back into my trousers!

writtenwyrdd said...

When I fly, my CPAP machine causes me to get patted down every time. Because airport security cannot disassemble or in any way fiddle with the workings of a medical device, they swab it and then introduce the swab to a detection tool, which invariably tells them I have precursors to explosives or drug manufacture. I wouldn't mind, except they (illegally) keep patting me down in the middle of the airport rather than in privacy. I believe TSA is supposed to give people some dignity, yet they always opt for regulation-breaking expediency.

*eye roll* I never complain, in fact, I usually start laughing hysterically. (Those of you who know me and my work history know why.)

fairyhedgehog said...

ww, oh my word! So much for dignity, although I think I'd be mostly worried that they'd take too long deciding I wasn't a terrorist and make me miss my flight.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Mmmm. Chocolate. Mmmmm. Um, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah - beautiful art!

fairyhedgehog said...

Sarah, LOL! That just about sums it up.

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...