Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Room of My Own



I never thought I would have a library of my very own. This is the landing in our new house. Although I have to share it with the rest of the family, it feels like having my very own library. The only downside is that we don't have any bookshelves in the living room now, which feels very strange.

I remember seeing Beauty and the Beast by Walt Disney. The Beast woos Beauty not with flowers or chocolates but by giving her a library of her very own. Now that's the kind of guy I could fall for.

4 COMMENTS:

Jessi said...

Oh wow, you really do have your own library...I'm jealous! I've loved books since before I could read, but as I've moved into smaller places and run out of reading time, my collection keeps getting smaller. :( I can only hope to have a room dedicated to books one of these days.

fairyhedgehog said...

It's great to meet another book lover. I keep trying to get my collection smaller but I can't seem to stop myself acquiring books! We threw away so much when we moved house but we are still surrounded by stuff - especially books.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that's so pretty! How regal to have a room like that in your house, I love it!

fairyhedgehog said...

Lily, regal? Wow! I do think I'm incredibly lucky. Such a contrast with how I grew up in a small two-bedroom council flat with my Mum,Dad and sister. We barely had room to breathe!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...