Sunday, June 08, 2008

Extreme editing

I had an idea for extreme editing where you could remove all the definite and indefinite articles from a piece, together with all the pronouns. Perhaps you could also remove adverbs, I don't know. It would be a quick and easy way to reduce, say, 500 words down to 300. I tried it and it didn't work.

Later on, I came across the draft post where I had outlined the idea and all I saw was the title. This prompted a much more interesting idea. I'm sure you've heard of extreme ironing. Well, how about making editing more exciting by using a similar formula? You could have editing underwater, up Mount Everest and at the North Pole.

If you like the idea, then don't let me hold you back. I don't even need the credit for it. I'll just sit back and watch.

2 COMMENTS:

Whirlochre said...

I have Immac and a pint of Tequila.

Paring down to verbs and personal pronouns...

fairyhedgehog said...

Just remember which one is in which hand.

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...