Friday, May 16, 2008

Tagged

Blogless Troll has tagged me with the Inquisition Meme. I'm not entirely comfortable with all these memes floating around but I admit I'm flattered that Blogless Troll chose to tag me. So, here goes.

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.

4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Inquisition Meme

What were you doing ten years ago?

You're asking me to remember ten years ago and I can hardly remember last week? I had to check my CV to see that back then I was in the middle of a counselling course.

Those were hard times: don't ever do a counselling course unless you're ready to be taken apart into little pieces and left to put yourself back together again.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?

Seeing it's mid-evening and I've been swimming earlier today, not a lot. Certainly not five things, unless you count boring things like cleaning my teeth! I'm going to eat, play on the pc and go to bed.

What are some snacks you enjoy?

I'm not even going there! I'm off sugar, caffeine and alcohol in an attempt to get my energy back so I'm trying to think of anything except treats. It's a bit like trying not to think about pink elephants but I'm working on it.

What would you do if you were a billionaire?

Buy a library. Oh, I've got one! I'd buy a big one though. I'd buy a huge swimming pool with diving boards and flumes. Pay my sister's mortgage off. Buy houses for my kids. Pay for decent medical care.

Some of those, anyway.

What are three of your bad habits?

I'm supposed to answer this honestly on a public blog? You have got to be kidding.

All right, I'll admit to opening new jars and tubes of anything as soon as I get them even if the old one isn't used up. I want to see what's inside. Apparently it's very annoying.

What are five places where you have lived?

Lancaster, UK
Brighton, UK
Ardennes, France
Brittany, France
Epsom, UK

What are five jobs you have had?

Mother
Care Assistant
Civil Servant
Teacher
Counsellor


What were the last five books you read?

This is another memory test, isn't it? I'm reading Chaos Theory by Graham Masterton. It's an adventure story and too bloody for my taste.

Before that, I read To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis. It's a brilliant time travel book, bursting with energy and good humour. I'll look out for more of her books.

Then, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. That was a good, fun read. Very fast moving and I wanted more from the ending but still recommended if you like vampire novels.

My memory gives out here.

What five people do you want to tag?
Five? You mean I have to think of five people with blogs that I'm willing to risk annoying with this meme? OK, well here goes:

Sylvia, Jessi, McKoala, talpianna, BuffySquirrel Hey, it is a compliment, honestly!

11 COMMENTS:

Jessi said...

Thanks for tagging me! I normally try to do memes when people take the time to tag me, but I think most of my answers to this one would be "um, I'm not sure," "I don't remember," lol. And feel free to drop these by me anytime...I don't mind one bit. :)

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm glad you don't mind! I would have been interested to get to know a bit more about you. I'm enjoying your blog a lot.

writtenwyrdd said...

To Say Nothing Of The Dog was hilarious. But the other Connie Willis books I've read? I couldn't finish them.

It is definitely interesting to hear about people you know via blog. I don't usually do memes, but once in a while, they are fun.

fairyhedgehog said...

I was looking online at the other Connie Willis books and none of them really grabbed me. It's such a shame as I was hoping for something else with the same amusing, romantic, hectic quality.

You haven't added a link to your blog post: Writtenwyrd's meme blog post. There, done!

Sarah Laurenson said...

So, you tag me through Wonderwood's blog and here you already tagged five people. Hmmm. I think you can add greedy to your bad habits. ;-)

It's done. Sarah's Meme Thing

fairyhedgehog said...

I didn't so much tag you as suggest your taggability.

Oh, all right, you've got me there!

Robin S. said...

Hey there - I like how you did your meme close-to-the-vest and your own way!

Anonymous said...

Merry's reading Twilight right now, too. I liked it, then hated its sequels. How many times can two teenagers not have sex???

ANYWAY - yay for you for doing the meme! Good jobs!

fairyhedgehog said...

Robin: Thank you!

aerin: I really like the "not having sex bit". For me it has more sexual tension than an actual sex scene which is so often a disappointment. I can see how it would get old, though, across a number of books.

Sylvia said...

I don't mind being tagged but my first thought on seeing this was "there's no WAY I can fit all that onto one notebook page" - so I might pick and choose a few questions. ;)

I loved To Say Nothing of the Dog until about 3/4's of the way through, at which point I got thoroughly annoyed with it. I don't think I'll read her other ones tbh.

fairyhedgehog said...

You don't have to do it just because you've been tagged. I won't come after you with a whip or a gun!

If you fancy it, though, you could do as you suggest and answer the questions that appeal to you.

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...