Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh no, not again!

One of my annoying habits is to wander round the house with a book under one arm like a comfort blanket and then put it down and forget where I've left it. Then I go round asking my family, "Have you seen my book?" and they're very kind and ask me "What does it look like?" They don't say, "Oh no, not again!"

Another annoying book habit is to buy the same book twice and I've gone and done it again. I thought I'd bought the first, second and third books in Rebecca Tope's Cotswold Murder Mysteries series, but I bought book two twice. Oh dear.

I met Rebecca Tope a long time ago when she came to talk at a bookworm meeting up in the Cotswolds. She was lovely. She told us that crime writers tend to be nicer than romance writers because they put all their venom into their books. (I'm sure some of you romance writers will disagree with that!)

A copy of the twice-bought book is available. If more than one person wants it, I'll have to make a hard decision.

12 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Don't talk about 'West Side Story...'
It's a standing joke in our house, for pretty much identical reasons. :-/

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Haha I used to do this! Now I only read in bed in the evenings so no more lost books! Any book that you buy two of must be really good! I will definitely put this author on my to read list. Plus I love her quote-- that's awesome!

jjdebenedictis said...

Ah yes. I've bought multiple copies of a few books. The only time it really annoyed me was when I realized I'd bought a second copy of a book I didn't like the first time.

Old Kitty said...

Me, me, me!!!!!! :-)

Me!! :-) Take care
x

Lexi said...

I don't know about Romance writers, but Romance readers on the Amazon forums are savage. Writers seldom venture there for fear of being shredded.

Jemi Fraser said...

I've taken to leaving a book or Kindle or iPod in different rooms so I always have something to read! :)

Mother (Re)produces. said...

You have no idea how happy I am to find out that I'm not the only one who does this!

fairyhedgehog said...

Richard, I'd love to hear the full story!

Karen, well that's one way to deal with it! I can't move without a book under my arm.

jj, getting two of a book you hate is the pits!

Kitty, you're the only one to ask for the book, so it will be on it's way to you within the next week!

Lexi, that sounds vicious! It's interesting to me that you span both genres: romance and crime fiction, so you know about both!

(Anyone who hasn't read Lexi's book should really do so. Highly recommended.)

Jemi, now that's an excellent idea!

M(R)p, me too! Clearly, all the best people do it.

D.J.Kirkby said...

Hah, I do exactly the same! With both things! *sigh*

fairyhedgehog said...

DJ, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Lily Razz said...

LOL! ^_^

My phrase is quite similar: "It happened again!!!"

Things I carry around the house but always forget where I left it: books, crochet projects, netbook, remote controls, mobile phone

Sometimes it takes me days to find them, and I find them in the weirdest places! I wish I could make those things "ring" or "bleep" just like my phone so they're easier to find!

It can be annoying sometimes, but as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I'm embracing my weird habits.. :)

fairyhedgehog said...

Lily, I'm glad it's not just me!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...