Rufus has a cut on his leg and it needed a staple to pull the edges together. Unfortunately, the staple didn't go in completely, leaving a loop that could catch on branches outside so he has to stay in for the next week. He doesn't like staying in and scratches at the catflap which we have had to board up with cardboard because he can work the catch. He also meows pitifully by the front door, comes and complains to us and attacks his sister.
Bonnie is also housebound because we can't let her out with no way to get back in but she makes much less fuss.
Things I have done to try to amuse Rufus:
- Put his cat tree in the conservatory by an open window (carefully tied so that it can only open a smidgen).
- Tie a feathered cat ball with elastic to the window so that he can bat it and it flutters in the breeze.
- Use a special cat friendly mixture to blow bubbles for him.
- Take him out for a walk using his old kitten harness and lead, cobbled together with string as it is now too small.
- Make him a box fort.
- Hide his squeaky toy under a cover for him to find
- Play with him with his cat fishing rod toy.
- Throw his toy mouse for him. And again. And again.
- Make hidey places for him with towels and blankets.
- Sprinkle catnip on his toys for him to play with.
We have six more days to go of this. I'm taking it one day at a time.