Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Remix - recommended

I took advantage of Lexi's offer last week to get hold of her ebook free - and I enjoyed it so much I had to find a way to pay for it! (It's only $2.99 full price.)

It's a cosy mystery/romance, set in England. Caz, a rocking horse restorer, finds a strange man on her roof top garden. She's very attracted to him but finds he was implicated in a murder three years ago; if she can find out who did it then she'll know whether she can trust him.

What I liked: a sense of being in sure hands. The plot unfolds nicely, there's just the right amount of description and there are a lot of diverse characters. I also enjoyed the English setting, complete with gherkin in the distance. Gherkin Photo by Alexander KlinkI found I cared a lot about Caz and wanted her to end up with the right guy. Then I started just wanting her to make it out alive!

What I didn't like: a few nitpicks in a single scene near the end that could have just been me not paying attention!

It was a very satisfying book to read and I enjoyed the way the ends tied up. I wish I could have taken it to bed with me but it was only available on my laptop. You can get it in a lot of formats. If you go for the epub version then all you need to do is to download Adobe Digital Editions (free) and you're away. You might as well get yourself a copy of Bernita's book while you're at it!

Lexi's book Remix is available here. Recommended.

Gherkin photo by Alexander Klint, Creative Commons licence.

6 COMMENTS:

Old Kitty said...

Yay!!! Oh but please please let the paper edition be out soon! LOL!!!

Take care
x

fairyhedgehog said...

Hi Kitty, yes a paperback would be handy for reading in bed. I think Lexi is working on it now.

Summer Ross said...

I prefer paper too, thanks for the review

fairyhedgehog said...

Summer, it sounds like I'll need to let people know when the paper version comes out!

Lexi said...

So kind of you, Fairy; and it won't be long till the paperback of Remix comes out.

fairyhedgehog said...

Lexi, it sounds like everyone is waiting for it!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...