Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why I'm not a writer

I've decided I'm not a writer. Writers are people who write and I'm not writing anything at the moment. Only emails and forum posts.

Mind you, I have been spending an inordinate amount of time on my pc these last few days getting rid of suspicious files. After my Barclaycard details were stolen last week, my son suggested there might be a keylogger on my machine. With a lot of help from Derek of The Spykiller I've been getting rid of suspicious items from my pc.

Derek is a wonderful person: he gives his time freely to help people with their computers and all he asks in return is a donation to his Hedgehog Rescue Centre where he looks after sick and injured hedgehogs. Without his help, my pc would still be riddled with security issues.

Maybe when I've finished playing with virus checkers, HijackThis logs and Windows updates I will start writing again. Then I will be a writer.

3 COMMENTS:

Merc said...

Hmm, I dunno... have you written before? Do you occasionally write in the slow times?

I think you're a writer.

I see non-writers as always saying they PLAN to write, but never do. ;) We all have slow times.

Yes, I'm incorrigible sometimes, trying to be encouraging... O:)

But I guess if you don't wish to call yourself a writer, that's up to you and that's fine. ;)

~Merc

fairyhedgehog said...

Thanks, merc. I think I need a bit of encouragement! I seem to have hit a wall at the moment and I can do anything except actually write. Maybe if I stop pushing myself I'll get restless and need to start again.

Blogless Troll said...

I know you're a writer. That's why I'm tagging you.

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...