Thursday, May 29, 2008

Gizmos

Blogless Troll's recent post had gizmos on it to rate it's suitability for children, it's readability and its cussing level. I thought it would be interesting to try those out for this blog. Look what I got:

This Page is Rated

PG-13

fairyhedgehog.blogspot.com/

Woohoo! Children are allowed in.

blog readability test

But they'll have trouble reading the blog.

The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?

At least there is no "cussing". Which is odd. I wonder what counts as cussing around here? I seem to remember some strong language in here in an earlier post. Maybe their definition of cussing is different. I'd love to know what it is.

5 COMMENTS:

Blogless Troll said...

Ha! I like how your cussing percentage is 0%, but the dial still isn't down into the "Darnit" range. Wonder what you have to do for that.

Unknown said...

Hi!

Well, looks like I've got some catching up to do, girl. Mine only reads at Junior High level- I was shocked, actually!

Those quiz-tests of BT's were fun, huh?

fairyhedgehog said...

blogless troll: I hadn't spotted that. Given I've talked about "fuck" rather a lot of times in here, I wonder if it's the quotation marks that somehow means it doesn't count. As to why the dial doesn't change settings, well what do robots know about cussing?

robin: I always thought that simpler was better. I'd love to know how they quantify it.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Given the number of times I don't use the quotation marks I'm astonished that I scored 0.4%.

I feel all virtuous now.

fairyhedgehog said...

I didn't notice any obvious strong language in your blogs, although I suppose The Rev. Ignatius Pubes is a rather interesting title for one of them! Maybe I need to take a closer look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...