Monday, April 14, 2008

Vacuuming the Cat

I've heard that the activities writers do to avoid writing are known as "Vacuuming the cat". (Unfortunately I don't know where I saw that to give credit so please let me know the source if you do.) What I'm doing to avoid writing is reading a lot of other people's books and I was delighted that my copy of Personal Demons arrived today! That's a couple of month's earlier than amazon said it would - good old amazon.

It's a strange feeling reading a book by someone that I've met online - although I'm not sure which of my friends on the various writing sites sent me off to look at Stacia's book. Maybe I found it on her blog.

Stacia's website lets you read the first chapter, which really helps me to decide if I want to buy a book or not. I'm glad that amazon often includes a 'Search Inside' feature now, even if I do sometimes have to go to the US site to see it.

So far I'm enjoying the book, although I'm not entirely convinced by the counselor in it. Maybe counselling practices are different in the US. At any rate, it looks like being a lot of fun.

2 COMMENTS:

Sylvia said...

I just ordered at the weekend it but chose slow shipping so it'll be a while. We can compare notes :)

fairyhedgehog said...

I've just finished it, so I look forward to comparing notes with you :)

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...