I really prefer sci fi to horror, and this was definitely horror. It wasn't a children's story, either.
- A sad, lonely, female dinosaur is horribly killed in flames
- Someone is mugged and his eyes removed
- A balloon carrying the Doctor is made of human skin
- The Doctor mugs a tramp (although he thinks better of it and gives up his watch)
- The Doctor may or may not have pushed a robot to his death
- That Madame Vastra and Jenny are married?
- That this Doctor is really the same as the old Doctor?
- That this Doctor is very, very old (although younger than the first Doctor)?
- That this Doctor is not Clara's boyfriend?
But there were some humorous moments, and bits of it were fun. Capaldi is brilliant and given half a chance will make a wonderful Doctor. I hope he's given that chance.