Friday, August 31, 2012

Stop!

Tourist reading Nuestro Diario from Guatemala

After you've finished reading, stop! If you want to remember what you were reading, that is; apparently a ten minute break after reading allows your memory to consolidate and you remember what you've read much better - even a week later.

You can read about it on PsyBlog.

I wonder if eating chocolate enhances the effect. I'm willing to test out the theory - for the benefit of science, obviously. Does anyone else want to test the chocolate theory with me?

5 COMMENTS:

Old Kitty said...

*Waves hands in the air* Me! Me! :-)

Take care
x

Nicola Morgan said...

Sorry, I've forgotten what you said.

fairyhedgehog said...

Kitty, we'll have to work out how to conduct the experiment once we know how many people we have taking part. Meanwhile, maybe you ought to get into training on the chocolate-eating.

Nicola, you're obviously suffering from severe chocolate deprivation.

Stacy said...

Yes, let's start training immediately.

fairyhedgehog said...

stacy, I'm game! I made sure to get my full chocolate vitamins yesterday with some yummy dark chocolate. And now my memory is ... what was I saying?

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...