Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Space opera and Georgette Heyer



How can it have taken me so long to find the Vorkosigan saga?

This science fiction series was started in the 80s. Mind you, I was a bit busy in the 80s what with having babies and all.  I still find it hard to realise that it's been available all these years and I've only just discovered it!

For those of you who haven't discovered it yet: Lois McMaster Bujold has written a series that is pure space opera in the early books, with a Georgette Heyer type romance later in the series, and some murder mysteries. All set in the future.

I love her world; I love her main character; and in the last few months I've read nine or ten of the books. I can't get enough. This is addiction at its worst but at least it's non-fattening.

4 COMMENTS:

Old Kitty said...

Shame on me for having loved and lived through the 80's and not have heard of this series and author!!!

Now I have! Yay!! Thanks fairyhedgehog! Take care

x

fairyhedgehog said...

Kitty, it's like chocolates. I started with just the one and now I can't stop!

Simon Kewin said...

That sounds cool; I like books that collide genres like that.

fairyhedgehog said...

Simon, me too! I like her style of writing as well - it's mostly invisible to me, which is how I like it!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...