You may remember my ear problems before my holiday. Because my GP thought it might be Menieres disease she wasn't happy with me driving so I haven't. But today I saw a consultant who said:
- It's not Menieres disease
- It's probably a one-off
- Could be caused by a virus or a faulty blood vessel
- Need to exclude a very unlikely benign overgrowth of nerve in the ear - will need MRI scan
- Get hearing aid adjusted toot sweet - if more hearing returns they can turn it down
- Can drive
- Can swim
- Check balance before cycling
- Look all round when crossing roads
So, I'm back in the action!
It's such a relief to be able to drive. The deafness is a nuisance, especially as there's no guarantee that turning up my hearing aid will help. But I will find a way to cope!