Sunday, November 01, 2009

You don't have to be mad. Well, actually, you do.


There is something magical about meeting other people who are not only as mad as you are but are mad in the same way. The London Nano Weekend Kick-Off party was full of people who are mad about books, writing, science fiction,and computers and who are crazy enough to try to write a novel in a month.

We were at The Mad Hatter pub, so there was a hat competition. Silly Boy doesn't usually have Cthulu sitting on his head. Honestly. One of the Nanoers was wearing an entire bird on her head that she had knitted herself. I was impressed.

That photo is shamelessly stolen from captainmcdan's Flickr photos. You can see the rest of my photos here. Thank you Lily for organising it.

8 COMMENTS:

Sylvia said...

What fun! And congrats on your hot-off-the-mark wordcount!

fairyhedgehog said...

Thanks, sylvia!

The Sapphic Housewife said...

Oh boy, nanowrimo. I'm still figuring out if I'm diving in or if I'm going to keep revising a project I'm working on. Maybe a little of both.

Good luck!

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm not sure I could get into Nano if I was revising another project as well. Hope it works out for you.

Kate said...

Ooh how fun! It looks like you are making excellent progress, fairyhedgehog.

fairyhedgehog said...

So far so good!

Robin B. said...

Looks so fun!!!

fairyhedgehog said...

Robin, it was amazing fun!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...