Wednesday, June 04, 2008

How did you find me?

I have the feeling that some people who land on this blog might be disappointed. If you had typed the following search terms into Google, would you expect to land here?
desert island cabin record playing search

bad spelling example

put your cup down

or the very odd
squirt with a machina

But saddest of all must be the person who was searching simply for
sex

I don't think they found any in here.

In case anyone is interested, I'm using statcounter to see how many visitors I get and it includes information on what links people clicked to find me. It seems that a lot of you found this blog through other blogs but a few people found their way here via a search engine.

7 COMMENTS:

Sylvia said...

Put your cup down strikes me as very apt, actually!

I feel really guilty when I look at the search terms for my blog - it's mainly people with broken keyboards looking for help!

fairyhedgehog said...

Oh dear! I take it these are people whose backspace key is broken. Are there very many of those?

Did you know if you type Can't Backspace into Google, your site is no. 1? There's glory for you.

AR said...

I love tracking search engine hits for my wordpress blog (click "My Webpage" on my blogger profile.) I got some random hit from someone searching for a "mean poem to say at enemies." I happen to have written a few as a teenager, so I put up a sort of satirical post about the immaturity of it all, but incldued all the mean poems I had.

Now about half my hits come from people searching for mean poems! Who'd have thought?

So the moral of the story is that you are going to get more people looking for sex and machine water guns now that you've put this up! ;)

fairyhedgehog said...

It's ironic, isn't it? Maybe Google isn't ready to take over the world just yet.

I went to view your site but I was told that I don't have permission to view it.

Robin S. said...

Wow- some interesting searches, huh?

My place is still purposefully un-Googlable, but it's fun to see what happens when Google searching happens!

By the way, Miss G., wanna link?

fairyhedgehog said...

I hadn't realised I hadn't added you to my links! It's because my first flurry of excitement about my blog had waned when you started yours. It didn't last long.

I'll add you now - and a link from you would be great.

Stacy said...

I found you through EE's blog, of course. : )

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...